Getting Fit

1:30 AM

Two weeks ago i've realized that i really really did gain a LOT of weight. When people would tell me that i got fat i'd brush it off and think that it's the "normal" weight gain that i go through... the kind that after three days of abstaining from rice during dinners will fix. Boy was i wrong! Some of my clothes no longer fit me and in a massive way! That has never happened to me before. I used to jog and back in college i was a cheerleader. Training sessions kept me fit. It allowed me to drink and eat whatever i wanted. Weight gain was never an issue then. I've recently discovered that i haven't been taking care of myself all that well. I drank too much and didn't really pay attention to the kind of food i was putting in my system! I got used to the kind of metabolism i had before. Needless to say, my body is going through changes and my lifestyle too needs to change.

I must admit it's quite a struggle. I'm not as enthusiastic about working out as i was before. I used to jog with my cousin consistently. The sad part is she doesn't really have time anymore and i for one don't really feel comfortable jogging all by my lonesome. And then i thought maybe i should get a gym membership. But i was hesitant since i'm not in a "health conscious" state of mind. With the support of a friend, i decided to sign up for classes and so did she. We tried the mat pilates class once and we haven't been back since then! i think it has been two to three weeks i think. LOL. Don't get me wrong... i'm not proud that since then i haven't been back in the gym. But i am trying.  I've recently been trying to get back in shape by working out at home and trying (trying - operative word in this entire sentence) to eat better and healthier. Unfortunately, for two days now i haven't been keeping up with the program i made for myself. Partly because of my insomnia attacks. Not being to sleep well is kind of a set back. In other words, i need to regularize my sleeping habit... yet again. 
Let's not forget eating habits. Which evidently plays a vital role in weight loss. A very unfortunate fact because i looooooove food. Specially those comfort foods! However, i am banking on portion control so i can still sink my teeth in to those yummies! Cue evil laugh ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Of course, let's not forget that the whole point of this is to get the idea of getting fit and healthy into my head. So healthy choices is a numero uno priority. I came across a simple diagram on Pinterest (which really made sense) and a good starting point.
Photo source: www.picklee.com
Since i've convinced my mom that we ALL need an eating habit overhaul, i'm slowly introducing certain ingredients that we'll all have to get used to. Can't shock them though because we just started the whole "no rice/carbs" for dinner. Wishing my family all the luck on this one. LOL.

In my efforts to make this work (for my own sake), i shall document the fitness program i have set for myself and the entire family. 

Hopefully this works!


You Might Also Like

0 comments