A Day in Dresden

9:34 PM



Weekend scene along River Elbe. I was taking this photo from a beer garden.

Initially Dresden was not on the itinerary. I was expecting to be elsewhere and sometimes i wonder if things would be different had we visited that place. Just the same, I tried to psyche myself out when i found out we were going... looked up places to visit, vowed to take lots of awesome photos and eat legit pretzels. To be honest, the pretzel psyched me enough. Hahaha!

We took an early morning bus from Prague to Dresden. I think it was about a 3-hour ride give or take. I'm not sure if that was the only trip or the just the earliest one but it's always a good idea to go real early. It was a day trip after all - and here's how that day went. :)


The Frauenkirche



The "Nymphs Bath" Fountain in Zwinger

On tourist mode, walking around Zwinger just like everybody else. This place is amazing.
It was a cool sunny day so a walking tour is just perfect.

I was so excited to try this out! I've always loved Auntie Anne's pretzels and figured authentic pretzels could only taste better. I didn't like it. Hahaha!

Amazing street artists. That brother and sister act in the first photo was amazing. They were oozing with talent.
And then there's this guy. I think he was able to hold that pose the entire morning!
 

Kunsthofpassage - this could very well be my favorite place in Dresden!
You wouldn't want to miss this place. Every twist and turn is amaaaaazing!


My eyes widened when i saw this place. This is where i bought a pack of melone minze tee which i use to make iced tea. 
It felt like the perfect souvenir. I wish i bought more because it's really good!


The perfect "chill" spot



I loved this little corner. It's just so adorable!


I was so excited to see this building. Then again, it didn't rain.
Too bad!

This was opposite the "musical building"
I'm not quite sure what to make of it but seemed interesting.
I realize now maybe i should've had my photo taken.

There was a wine bazaar of sorts. Look at the prices! I was in heaven.
I wasn't able to try any though... someone wasn't really in the mood for wine. I think they do this every summer. Check out their site for updates - click here.




So we ended up eating. Haha!
And someone was quite hungry...

The hotdog stand was also selling some fresh strawberry juice!
Yummmmmm!



With it's architecture and surrounding , this place makes for perfect "emo" moments.




A must everywhere we go it seems. Hahaha! Those were delicious.
But i think the gelato store in Prague was way better.

Dresden was amazing. A bit bumpy but overall it was exhilarating. I loved everything about this place. That morning bus ride was worth it. Here's to seeing you again Dresden!




You Might Also Like

0 comments