Cote d'Azur: Cannes

9:00 AM


"View from the top"
This was taken from one of the villas my uncle's friend was taking care of

Visiting Cannes was a no-brainer. My uncle currently lives there and i have not seen him in more than 2 years. My uncle is like a father to  me. I was a little worried at first that it would not happen as it was the summer season and tickets and accommodations can be quite pricey. Ultimately it did and i couldn't be happier. It was approximately a 5-hour scenic train ride from Paris to Cannes. I could've sworn i took photos but i seem to have lost them in all  the photos i took during the trip. I'll make sure to share them when i do find them.

When we arrived, my uncle was already at the station waiting with a friend. He booked us a nice apartment type hotel room about 5 minutes (give or take) away from the beach. I think i was more excited to see my uncle than actually tour the place. I wasn't entirely in awe of the place come to think about it but the old town was quite something. I loved every minute spent in that area. My only regret is not being able to buy a nice tablecloth in once of the street kiosks.


Walking through Le Suquet




Every nook and cranny will make you fall in love.




This building is not in old town.
I forgot where exactly this was but i just loved this building. I mean look at it.
I wonder though if i can get away with maybe having the house painted
in this color scheme.... ;P



Oddly enough, this is one of the highlights of my trip to Cannes.
I was looking for their café in Paris but didn't find it. I suppose it would've helped to look up the address beforehand.
Anyhow, i was so happy i found this store because at that time they weren't available in the Philippines yet.



Heading to the beach! It was actually too hot for the beach but come on!
How can you pass up when you're in the French Riviera??? So we did. Bought a little beach mat too because apparently if you stay in one of those areas with beach lounges and umbrellas you pay a hefty fee. But maybe when i come back i'll give it a try. MAYBE.
*Beach photo taken from T's Instagram account - tomslot.



Filipino community party in full blast.
One of the nicest people i have ever met.





Overall, it was an interesting trip. Secretly hoping my uncle would move to Nice though. ;P


You Might Also Like

0 comments