Beyond Prague

7:35 PM

My throwback posts to 2015's European escapade is drawing to a close and i'm down to my second to the last post.

Next stop, Prague. One of my favorite cities. Two of my friends would agree that this place is a dream. But before we get there, let me reminisce about the side trip we made on the "outskirts" of Czech Republic. This was a side trip we made on our way to Hallstatt, Austria. Remember that? If you haven't read that yet, click here. 😊


Our first stop on this trip was Hluboká nad Vltavou, a town in the South Bohemain Region, to see the Hluboká Castle. Walking around was pretty interesting as many old towns. You have kids selling freshly picked cherries (at a cheap price too), old looking buildings that have stood the test of time and a nice cool weather. I remember it being cold (specially when there's a breeze) but was bearable. I loved it!

Hluboká Castle grounds.
The garden was well kept and makes for great photos.
The place makes you want to wear a ball gown and just have at it.
Hahahahaha!!!!
This is the entrance to the castle. 
Doesn't this look whimsy?
I realize though that the gate may be a modern improvement made on these grounds.
Still, isn't it pretty? :)

To say this place was picturesque would be an understatement.
This is one of my favorite spots. Not too many people so i can take tons of photos.

Garlic soup. CZ' answer to France's onion soup. I suppose.
 It was quite salty and i loved it! Haha...
It couldn't get more traditional than this. Svíčková na smeta is one of the most popular Czech meals - so I've been told. Typically served with knedlíky or dumplings (bread to us Pinoys), whipped cream and jam (at least i think it's jam) - i found it odd but braved it just the same. Sad to say, it didn't tickle my taste buds.



Heading into old Český Krumlov - a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
I loved this part. I don't exactly understand what it's for but it's pretty to look at.
Inside was magical. Just take a look! :)
My favorite spot. I mean look at that view. I don't think i'll ever get tired of this kind of view
We tried this cute café to warm up. It was quite a gloomy day and was getting really cold.
I saw on the menu that there was Trdelník. I've been hearing about it from Bibi and thought it a must that i try it. Considered a pastry, trdelník is rolled dough wrapped around a grill (yes a grill), then toped with a mixture of sugar and walnut. I loved it! I swear i will learn to make this.



Putting into good use that selfie stick

I'm quite proud of this shot. Hahaha!
© T

Thanks T :)




Okay, admittedly this shot is nowhere near the two places I've featured here but it is outside Prague. That counts right? Haha... We saw this field of poppies along the way and had to stop for a little photoshoot.















You Might Also Like

0 comments