April

10:00 AM

I ended the month of April with a good night jog with Erika (my summer jogging buddy). I felt sore the day after but not as sore as the last jog. Yey me! Sadly though i still  have not regained the kind of endurance i had back in my cheering squad days. Baby steps! I will get there i know i will. 

Backtrack:

Reflecting on how i've done with my "program", i did relatively well in changing my eating habit. I lessened my carb intake, opted for healthier options and resisted fast food delivery in the middle of the night (except that one night which i absolutely regret!). The Be Active! segment of the "program" not so much. Not that i failed miserably but often times i let procrastination get the better of me. I'm ashamed to say that for the entire month, i have jogged only twice. I did ab, butt and arm work outs at home but not as much as i really should - once a week on an average. Not enough!

What went wrong?

  • I did not establish a cheat day. I was so consumed with attaining the target physique, i completely deprived myself with certain foods that i was so used to. I ended up having insatiable cravings and breaking the streak. My eating habit was unregulated. I found myself compensating for days that i missed eating certain "bad" foods.
  • I did not create a work-out schedule. I went with the flow and worked out whenever i felt like it. A definite no no specially if you're really trying to get FIT! 

Solution:

  • Stating the obvious here, i will now establish a CHEAT day. This will either be a Sunday or a Friday. But not to occur twice in a week. This does not mean i'll stuff myself silly but i will allow myself to eat fast food, ice cream, sinful pastries, etc. Carb intake is still allowed for one full meal with exception to dinner. 
  • Work-out schedule: Jog and mat work-outs twice a week. Monday, Wdnesday and Saturday seems like good bets. I'm being realistic here. I know i can never work out everyday. Haha!
With these in mind, hopefully the month of May would be a lot better!

You Might Also Like

0 comments