Cheat Week of May

10:40 PM

The first four days of May was well.... a let down. I was much too busy and too tired to squeeze in a tiny bit of exercise. I jogged that week once and that was it. Not much considering what i posted at the start of the month. But i'm slowly picking up the pace. 

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's Ceasar salad and Lemon zest fruit tea. 
The salad was a generous serving which got me through until dinner!

I had a meeting Friday night (May 03, 2013) at Greenbelt 5 so that made it impossible for me to squeeze in any exercise. Yes yes that's not really a valid excuse but it's so darn hot in the Philippines. And i'm not really a morning person. But i am going to try and work on this - Morning work-outs! No promises but i will try. Haha! So i got there early and decided to have a late lunch. I got a salad. Naks! It was tempting to see all those cakes though! Specially the blueberry cheesecake! Thankfully i had the strength to restrain myself. Yey me! 

Sunday (May 05, 2013) i had a nice long walk. I had to join a sort of procession as a favor for a friend so i guess i can consider that exercising. Haha! Seriously though it was a looooooong walk. 

Come Monday afternoon i had to commute going to Makati. I'm so proud of myself on this one. It might be considered shallow by some but for years i've gotten used to driving around. And if ever i did commute i would always have someone with me because i didn't know what bus to ride or where to get off. So Monday was the day i braved the streets of the metro and rode a bus. See i hate bus rides. Commuting in general. The pollution i guess is the main reason. Lack of discipline of PUV drivers and proper bus stops are included as well. Its so difficult! Nonetheless, i made it to my destination in one piece and more importantly i did not get lost. Yey me! I had to do a lot of walking though. And when i say a lot, i mean A LOT. You guessed it i again considered it my exercise of the day. Are you now getting the picture why i titled this post "cheat weak of May"? Haha! No legit work outs but mind you though all through this week i stuck to my one-meal rule for carb intake and cheat day which was Saturday. 

And Tuesday. Glorious Tuesday. I finally had the opportunity to jog again. This time with my cousin Des. I made it to two laps! Finally! Considering her route included an two uphill tracks. Nice one cuz! I'm still easily out of breath though but at least i'm getting active.

All in all i'd say i did a pretty good job. But this week's not over and tomorrow is another day. I hope i'll be able to get some work out in tomorrow! ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments