Hallo, Hallstatt!

8:49 PM

On my last week in Europe, i finally had time to write about the trip. A bittersweet hoorah! It meant i was about to leave the dream (temporarily) and go back to reality.

Indulge me will you? Let me relive the dream one post at a time.

First in, Austria.

On our first weekend, we were off to Hallstatt. It's a village near Hallstätter See known for its salt mines.







We were joined by B&B, a quirky couple that sure knows how to have fun.






We arrived Saturday night and lodged in a humble flat booked by B&B via AIRBNB. It was a short drive from Hallstatt itself but boy was the morning view quite something.

(Grabbed from Bibi's IG)

Early Sunday morning, we headed straight for the village. It was cold. Really cold. So some major layering was needed. I even had a trench handy in case it got dead serious. But it didn't. Somehow i was hoping it would so i can use it and do some major photo op but... SIGH.
See the blue thing on my bag? Yeah... that's it - the extra weight.

There was a lot of walking. I didn't mind until i realized there was A LOT of walking. Boy was i out of shape. But no matter.. the air was fresh and every turn was a view worth every step.







This was on the other side of the lake - opposite of Hallstatt. 
Seems like a private residence. I wouldn't mind having a summer house like that.


Outside of Hallstatt

I wish i was prepared for all the walking. I think i would've gone up the salt mines or viewing platform. I'm hoping for a next time as this place was just magical. I was in love with photos from the internet but the real deal is an experience in itself. 





*Credits to T for some of the photos. :-*
Danke schön Hallstatt! 'Til next time! ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments