Serious Sun & Sand

10:44 PM

I've never gone to Boracay for work. I've always seen the place as a vacation spot. This summer, I found myself in Boracay not for fun but for work. So I thought.

I was a bit apprehensive in going to the island with the mindset of having to work the entire time. I thought to myself, "This will definitely ruin my perspective of Boracay." I'm thankful though that I was with a colleague who was fun to work with. :)

I'd like to share how we managed to be serious with work and still have fun.

1. Dress the part


We figured since we were on an island and everyone else was in their bikinis, it wouldn't be so bad to be dress a little less corporate and more vacationer mode. After all, we would look very out of place if we wore pencil skirts and collared blouses. ;)

2. Take a Moment


It's a beautiful island. The least you can do is take a moment and breathe in the scenery. I mean, look at that view. How blessed are you to be able to take a break from the usual grind of the city and call this your office for 3-4 days.. Not bad. Not bad at all.

3. Hydrate


Working your butt off in the summer heat is not only exhausting but also dehydrating. So don't forget to check out the bars lined up on the pristine shores of Bora. Chances are it's Happy Hour and you get those drinks real cheap. Now how can you beat that?! 

4. Take a Selfie



It's almost impossible not to! We're all guilty of this. We're more vain than we actually admit to be. Once in a while is not so bad. Just don't flood our feeds. :)

I think that's pretty much it. That's how I "survived" a work week in Boracay. I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer! Hugs and besos! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments