At a Glance: JULY

7:10 PM

July has been a busy month for me. Can you tell? I had absolutely no post that entire month. It was as if i went on a hiatus and checked out completely. Believe me that was not the case. I was very much alive via Twitter, Foursquare and Instagram. There's not a day that pass by that i neglect to journal my daily adventures. Feeling exciting ang life. LOL.

Here's a recap of said daily adventures. Haha!

July was a lot of work and i mean that in the literal sense. Prep work for events, emails (lots and lots of emails), meetings (lots and lots of meetings), paper work... i think you get the idea. In short i have been a busy bee. I still am. But somehow by now, i have finally found my rhythm amidst the noise.

The Man for Others booth at the Ignatian Festival

The first project i handled for an organization i'm working with was the launch of Michael Cacnio's piece, Man for Others, last July 20 at the Ignatian Festival. It was a whole day event but i was busiest the day before. A 3:00 meeting in Mandaluyong that started.. i don't know 6:00? Ended up adjusting the rest of my appointments. Including booth set up for this. Ended up staying at a nearby hotel just so i can make it the following day to man the booth. I stayed in The Oracle Hotel & Residences which was right in front of Ateneo De Manila University. I thank my lucky stars there was a promo that time! Otherwise i would've paid full price for just a few hours of sleep in a room that didn't even have windows! Well at least the basics were covered - the bed was comfortable and hot water was available in the shower. 

Thanks to one of the committee members, we were able to score this lovely pedestal to showcase the sculpture. 
The LED light even changes color and comes with a remote! Haha! 
Our booth was the belle of the ball. Haha! 

For two entire days i was in another "world". It was a nice break from my usual surroundings i suppose. I was even tempted to stay another night in Oracle because i was so drained. The supplier of the pedestal arrived 8:00 pm instead of the agreed 6:00 pm so i ended up staying longer. I just wanted to collapse on a nice soft bed! Alas, i decided to take the drive and go home. 

What made July even more busy for me was the arrival of my college bestie. He was back again this time for a 4-day business trip. As short as it was we wanted to make the most of his stay. So J and i decided to stay with him at the hotel. Good call too since i will be much nearer to my workplace. 

It was a yellow kinda day for us

First night though i had a meeting that extended to the wee hours of the evening. J and Den ended up drinking by themselves at Conway's. The 2nd day and our last night with Den, we had a little more fun. From lunch w/ Pat at Long Bar to Cocktails at Dillingers to partying it up at Imperial Ice Bar. It was a long drunken night. LOL.

Sorry. Just had to take a selfie. Haha! 
The casual chic striped dress is from Posh Affair Shop.
Thank you Ms. Gallardo for a smooth transaction. :)

EPIC NIGHT

Iced up at IMPERIAL ICE BAR

July was the epitome of the statement, "work hard, play harder". A good mix of work and fun. 
Not a bad month. Not a bad month at all.




You Might Also Like

0 comments