FOODIE ALERT! There's a NEW Breakfast Place in the South

7:30 AM


I've lived my whole life in the South and it's been quite difficult to find a nice place to dine at around my neighborhood until recently. Before i've always needed to brave the heavy traffic of Alabang-Zapote Road just to get to a decent restaurant for those weekend lunches with the family. I'm really thankful for local small businesses that truly value quality.

To make things very clear, i'm not a morning person. But i do love breakfast - when i do get the chance to partake. So weekends for me are quite special. 5 days a week my mornings are on autopilot and pretty much a blur. I shower, get ready for work, grab coffee and sprint out the door. Notice i didn't mention anything about breakfast. With Manila traffic getting worse and worse, my time (i'd suspect everyone else's) for breakfast has been allocated to sleep and commute. So it's not a surprise that i like slowing down on weekends. I wake up the same time (on most days 😅) and get into the routine of lovingly preparing breakfast and then taking my time to eat and just read (or if we're being real here - watching shows on Netflix 😝). But after hearing about the new breakfast menu at Kat's Café, i was determined to get up early (as early as i could) and go for a jog with the intent to devour an awesome breakfast right after.  😂😂😂

I'm thankful i did and even more so to Kat's Cafe for not ruining my morning. I love food... and getting bad coffee and/or food in the morning just simply gets me in a bad mood. Take that one morning at Starbucks (on the few occasions that i forget to bring coffee from the house) where the barista put too much milk in my cappuccino. I mean if i wanted a latte i would've ordered a latte! And i have a tendency to take a sip when i've already walked a block away from the shop. Much too late to go back, complain and get a fresh cup. Like i said, i'm on autopilot in the morning. Sorry got sidetracked there. I think i've pretty much emphasized how what i do/eat in the morning is very important to me. More so my weekend mornings. 

I ordered a few things (too much actually) so i can gauge whether i've found a new breakfast place near my place.

I started off with hazelnut cappuccino


Merry Berry Pancakes - 2 pcs of fluffy pancakes, a generous helping of mixed berries compote, whipped butter and maple syrup.

You would think it'd be too sweet but it's actually just right! They're generous with the serving and at Php180 per plate it was a steal. I'd recommend sharing this with someone.


And topped it off with a nice, huge beauty fruit bowl good for sharing. It has a yakult base (i reckon mixed with plain yogurt) with lots of fresh papaya, kiwi, mangoes, and strawberries. And for some crunch they added some chia seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and flax seeds - if i'm not mistaken. There was no description so i'm going with whatever it is i could identify. At Php220, it was well worth it.

Overall, i thought the owners put value in the quality of the food and was priced just right. They're still on a soft run for the breakfast menu and it's only served on weekends but i could say they're off to a good start. I think my only complaint on my entire dining experience would be is they made my coffee too sweet and when i complained about it, there was no initiative on their part to replace my coffee. Not that i was expecting it or requested for it but the gesture would've been much appreciated and would've made up for the faux pas. If i were asked on what else they could improve on, i'd have to say they add more protein on this menu - i love smoked salmon and a nice omelette wouldn't hurt 🙌






You Might Also Like

0 comments