How I Shortened My Morning Routine by 30 Minutes

10:00 AM


Almost every girl complains about not having enough clothes to wear when in fact, a ton of clothes is just sitting in your closet some even have tags and are unworn - guilty of this i must admit. At some point my mornings became quite stressful simply because i had no idea what to wear. Or i would have to plan my outfit the night before just so i won't have to deal with it in the morning. Even then it could take more time. And so i sought out a solution and found myself on the Capsule Wardrobe bandwagon.

I read about it on Un-Fancy. And i was just amazed on how simple yet efficient the system is. So what is a Capsule Wardrobe exactly? It's basically a mini wardrobe made up of seasonally appropriate, versatile clothes that you love to wear. If you want to read more about it, click here.

So i took that to heart, did a little bit of digging and narrowed in on what my style is about and the result is life-changing! I not only relieved myself of stressful mornings but have curbed impulsive shopping! So what did i do exactly? Let me show you.

1. I found my style

I went on a Pinterest rampage and created a mood board for my wardrobe. This allowed me to:
  • Identify what items in my closet i needed to set aside in storage or give away/sell. 
  • List down what were key items missing in my closet and needed to purchase. 

These 2 realizations allowed me to be armed in shopping malls and be able to decide swiftly if i should buy a piece of clothing/accessory or not!

2. I reorganized my closet

Armed with my mood board and list of things to buy, i identified which existing items in my closet matched the ones on the board and categorized it by Weekday or Weekend clothes. While doing my research on the subject i came across an article wherein one woman decided to where the same thing to work - just like a uniform, which i thought was just G E N I U S.  Read more about it here

Weekday
 I stick to a black & white palette because it's simple and understated.
Every now and then i throw in some olive green into the mix.

 Can't get any simpler than this. 
A black bag with some simple gold/rosegold accessories completes my 9-5 look.

I know the necklace don't really match the bracelets but somehow it works.

So on weekdays, i followed this uniform principle to a degree. Instead of wearing exactly the same thing, i chose 6 key fool-proof items in my closet as my uniform. Why 6? In case a laundry mishap happens, i have something to wear Monday! So on a workday, i know exactly which items in my closet to grab and guarantees that i am dressed well enough to go into an impromptu meeting with a client. Makes sense so far? Please leave a comment below if this doesn't. :)

Weekend

On weekends, i stick to blues and whites.
Occasionally i wear black but it will always have a touch of blue.

A hand-me-down cutie replaces my black bag for the weekend. 
It's more relaxed and doesn't leave room for too much junk. 
Although on occasion i use a huge tote in a similar color in case i do need the junk ;)

I looked far and wide to find that hat. 
Sadly, i don't get to wear it much as you can imagine - only on trips where it makes sense. 
I realize i'm not much of a hat person.

That lace dress is a current favorite. 
It's always good to have some texture as white can be at times boring.

My weekend wardrobe is basically a more relaxed version of my weekday one. Some pieces in this category can actually still work with my weekday wardrobe with the right layer and accessories. Talk about versatility!

And that is it. Two easy steps to save you 30 minutes a day in your life!
Are you willing to give this a try? If you are, let me know!

Hugs & Besos


You Might Also Like

0 comments