Start Somewhere.

1:07 PM


I came across this qoute the other day on Pinterest. It made sense. It kinda supports another qoute: "If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got" -W.L. Bateman. I mean there's no point in expecting a different result if you keep on doing the same thing over and over without even trying to make changes. Change is good. It is inevitable. And change can only occur if you make it happen. Start small. Start somewhere. A philosophy that can be applied to life in general. May it be in your career, family or even health. Most especially health.

I have posted before that i have been aiming to lead a healthier lifestyle and that in order for me to keep with the program i will be documenting it. I haven't had rice in 4 days. 4 days! To people who are not used to eating rice everyday, this most likely wouldn't be a big deal. But not for me. Specially if you've grown up to dishes that HAS to be paired with rice like chicken adobo and sinigang to name a few. I could NEVER eat those viands without rice! It doesn't feel right! But so far so good. I guess it has something to do with mommy (my aunt) being away on vacay. CHEAT! I know... i know. True test is when she's here. She cooks a mean adobo and i could never say no to that. Haha! But i am trying. Less intake of carbs is already making me feel lighter. The problem with me before is i eat everything with rice. Even for dinners! Which is obviously the worst thing you can do to your body.
This is what breakfast usually look like. A fruit and a healthy drink. Or sometimes i make myself a filling smoothie. Depending on what i'm doing that day, this is actually enough to get me through to lunch or even beyond. By lunch time i'll be eating veggies and meat OR some pasta ( i can never give up pasta!) but i have learned to eat it in moderation. Yey me! Basically no carbs beyond 6:00 pm since i hardly do anything beyond that point.

Eating right is a START. But i know i still need to be active. Working on that one.

Wish me luck!

You Might Also Like

0 comments