INOCHI [Poem Archive]

3:23 PM

As requested. A compilation of poems i have written in the past.

Listen
July 21, 2007



Listen to me like you did before.

Hear me calling for your sweet liberation.

I’ll take your silence and scream it for you. An endless cry for your safety and downfall. Close your eyes and dream with me. Take my hand on this journey of euphoric extremities and minimal constraints. Now feel the breeze of uncertainty taking away all your soul’s worth.

Listen well… hear them out… the violent blows of realizations taking part in your salt water solitude… Drowning you and I in sleepless ponders and grievances worth burying.

The Girl
June 07, 2007

The girl lay in bed savouring every emotion that ran wild in her veins. With eyes closed, dreams of bittersweet lies takes her on a ride. With eyes still shut, she whispered to the night her sweet solace and wishful thinking. 
Her soul awakens to the rustling of the wind giving no resolutions to an endless ponder. And now her mind takes flight from the dark alleys of her memories and progress unto a labyrinth of euphoria. 
In this very moment, the core of her existence is bound by the numbness of her skin and the wintry sensation of her breath. And in this perpetual stillness, her presence is unraveled. A voice calls out and invokes her senses. Slowly she opens her eyes to see the newborn daylight.
 
"I'm back.." she said to herself.

Struggles
May 22, 2007

Each day you take the inevitable waft.
And each day you get on by with smiles and downpours.
You take a step forward and two steps back.
Never knowing where you really wanna go.
Your eyes sight the future but your mind lingers behind.
Caught up in the anguish of yesterdays that has long been gone leaving nothing but scabs and unwanted memories.
Each time you catch a glimpse of the pain and sadness in your own eyes…
You falter just a little… tear up just a little.
And every second, every minute… each passing hour, you fight back.
You struggle.

Inside
May 15, 2007 [I think this was made earlier but posted on that date]

You don't see a tear..
But it doesn't mean i'm not crying.
You can hear my laughter..
But it doesn't mean i'm happy.
You don't see any scars..
But it doesn't mean i'm not wounded.
I may not be in a cast..
But it doesn't mean i'm not broken.

I don't talk about it..
But it doesn't mean i don't want to.
I don't ask for help..
But it doesn't mean i don't need it.
I don't seem to care..
Believe me, i do.
I never seemed to be affected..
You have no idea.

Enough
May 15, 2007 [late post also]

Understanding is how i've always been..
I have become tolerant in due time..
I have screamed silently for too long..
And now i no longer know my voice..


Today i stand and realize i have taken in so much..
I've become numb..
I have taken every blow in silence..
I have laughed off every pain..


Fed up with the tears i smile..
I'm sick with all the screams i laugh..
Tired of all the wounds and scabs i joke about..
I've had enough..

Yes i have had enough..
Still tears flow and wounds bleed..

You Might Also Like

0 comments