Din Tai Fung

5:43 PM

 

I finally got to try Din Tai Fung. Known to serve scrumptious Xiao Long Bao, people went crazy when they opened here in Manila at SM Megamall. I'm crazy for XLB but NOT CRAZY ENOUGH to queue for hours. I was finally in the area and knew exactly wher i was having lunch.

The PG that i am ordered...

Their famous Xiao Long Bao (original)

Steamed Vegetarian Mushroom Dumplings
A staple for me at any dim sum restaurant 

 Noodles with House Special Spicy Sauce

I know, i know... too much for little oh me. In my defense, I didn't have breakfast and this was already 1:00 PM. I was actually considering the Salted Egg Yolk Prawn but thought to myself, "Control yourself." I'm having a serious addiction to the stuff and safe to say i will be back to try their version of the dish. 😂😂😂

So what did i think about Din Tai Fung? It wasn't what I expected. I was really looking forward to the XLB and unfortunately it did disappoint. For me right now, the XLB to beat is from Peking Garden. On their menu, it's called Steamed Supreme Soup & Pork Dumplings. I should come out with my Top 5 XLB spots! Ding ding ding ding ding!!!

So yes XLB did not deliver for me but their Steamed Vegetarian Mushroom Dumplings were awesome! The best i have tried yet! The noodles too were really good. 

Overall, I wouldn't write them off just because the XLB wasn't at par but i would go back to try their other dishes. And I'm very happy they opened a branch in BGC. Definitely meeting P there for one of our early dinners. 

Hugs & Besos!

You Might Also Like

0 comments